Questions about possible areas for improvement
To effectively manage employee development and performance management, you need to detect the gaps and issues that may hold the employees back from doing their best work. Hence, opaque or closed employee evaluation questions may not be the perfect choice for this round.
- What will you do differently next six months?
- Do you lack anything that would help you do your best work?
Focus your performance review on questions that allow your employees to share their successes and setbacks, projects and tasks that inspired them, as well as skills they lack and would like to master.
- What were your biggest lapses this year and why do you think they happened? How will you do things differently to eliminate issues next time?
- What things will you focus on in the next six months to help you grow and develop?
- What can we do to help you professionally grow?
Preparing a professional development plan in cooperation with employees can help you match their improvement areas and the company’s goals and strategies. To keep your employee development and performance management effective and always on track, explore HR tech solutions that can help you.